BLUE VALLEY YOUTH LACROSSE's Spring season runs from the beginning of March - the 3rd weekend in May.
BV YOUTH LACROSSE is open for boys and girls 1st-8th grade.
The season consists of the following:
• Boys: player clinic to begin the season. U9 - U11 groups with enough players for multiple teams will be separated according to which school attending. U12 - U14 age groups will be assessed and divided into teams based on skill level in order to maximize player success.
• Girls: player clinic to begin season. Teams are formed according to grade level (3/4, 5/6, & 7/8)
• two practices a week (75 minutes long) anytime between 5pm-8pm. Practices begin in early March.
• minimum 8 games played each season
• season ending tournament in May
• boys teams will have home or away games around KC
• girls will play their season games at a central location in the Blue Valley area
BLUE VALLEY YOUTH LACROSSE's foundation begins with KC Heartland Lacrosse's Junior programs.
The focus is to develop our young athletes in a "fun" and "active" environment. Our goal is to teach hand-eye coordination while learning the fundamentals of lacrosse - catching, throwing, ground balls and communicating with one another. These drills will lead them to the next level of team play.
Juniors U7 will teach your child the fundamentals of lacrosse with interaction of games and fun props in an active and safe environment!
Juniors U13 will teach your child the fundamentals of lacrosse through drills and small sided game play!
These programs have no direct contact - it's more of an orientation to get children interested in the sport and provide an extracurricular activity that teaches team play, communication, and hand-eye coordination.